Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Vaughn Woods Memorial State Park - South Berwick, ME, USA

Jesse and his dad went golfing this morning, leaving me to find my own entertainment. I drove over to South Berwick and wandered around in the woods for a while. It’s nice and quiet in the woods, just what I needed for a few hours! I saw a magnificent blue heron standing in the water, but, because I’m super, I slipped and scared it away.

The trails led to a historic site that was John Hamilton’s house or summer house. I’m not quite sure, but I wish I lived there. The gardens were awesome!!

Sometimes the best places in Maine are the ones that don’t touch the ocean. It’s nice and all, but the other stuff is sometimes much nicer and less crowded.

SONY DSC     SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC     SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC     SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC     SONY DSC

No comments:

Post a Comment