Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Big Moose Mountain - Greenville, ME, USA

I was up for a challenge today! After an exhausting week of work, I decided I would climb Big Moose mountain. Not the biggest in Maine, but twice the size of Cadillac. I haven’t climbed anything this tall since 8th grade, and I only remember wearing really bad shoes on that trip. This time, it was a 5 mile hike and we ascended to 3,196 feet above sea level. Lucky for me, the rain we drove through decided to go mingle somewhere else, and we got perfect weather of about 80 degrees and party cloudy.

There’s a neat old warden’s cabin or something at around 1,000 feet, and a scenic turnout at around 2,000. We took those as opportunities to stop and rest a little before finally getting to the rocky summit. We even made some friends from California, but didn’t learn their names… It was fun to stop and chat for a while.

I took more photos on the way down, because it was easier to lug my camera when I was headed down the mountain. I kept finding neat little flowers and fungi. I have a lot of fun with fungi (teehee!). The photos are a little out of order, but all the ones from nature were taken on the trail, and the others were taken in downtown Greenville. We stopped in hopes of finding a little keepsake, but had no luck.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC     SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC     SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC     SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC     SONY DSC

SONY DSC

IMG_0194     IMG_0199

IMG_0197

IMG_0216

IMG_0222

IMG_0241

IMG_0234

1 comment:

  1. Nice shots . . . the town looks like a town from the old west.

    ReplyDelete