Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cadillac Mountain - Acadia National Park, ME, USA

I wanted an annual pass to Acadia for my birthday. 

My family (minus Matt, who is in Boston for college orientation) and I went to Acadia and picked it up, and also went on a nice hike. By nice, I mean I started my hiking season with the strenuous, Gorge Path up Cadillac. My feet are killing me. Instead of hiking back down, my mom wasn't comfortable with the rocks, so we walked down the road the leads up to the summit. Let me just serve as an example... don't EVER walk down the road that goes up the mountain. It's 5 miles, 3 more than the actual hike.

Complaints aside, the park is one of my favorite places in the state, and is always beautiful. Just steer clear of the Sand Beach during tourist season and the part of the Cadillac summit near the parking lot to avoid getting frustrated.


















No comments:

Post a Comment